Friday, April 29, 2005

I'm feeling a bit worse for wear today, I was out with Dave last night. We were going to meet up just for a quick drink, but you know how that always turns out...I didn't get home until 2 this morning!! Was pretty wrecked and had a really funny evening, as usual. Marie (we went to the Led Zeppelin night with her) came into the bar later on, we were chatting and she asked if I wanted to go for a drive with her at the weekend along the coast, she's got a camper van, so I think we're going to go tomorrow. After the pub we went to another bar to play some pool, not the best idea for me when I've been drinking, I got one lucky shot but that's about it, mind you I didn't get much of a chance, Dave is a brilliant player (he was on my side luckily). I met some more friends of his, one of them, Tamsin asked me to her birthday party next Friday, her little sister is singing there and she's supposed to be really good so I'm looking forward to that.
Work dragged quite a bit today, typical as I had a hangover. Actually my supervisor spoke to me yesterday and she apologised that they were giving me all the really boring jobs, she was worried that I'd end up leaving out of boredom, so next week they are going to sort that out for me.
I met Sue on Wednesday night, we ended up having a really great evening, she's really lovely and we've got a lot in common so we were gassing all night!! I'm meeting up with her again tomorrow night so we'll probably try and find some nice bars and maybe a club.
I finally got my haircut yesterday after about 3 months, it had got so long it was driving me mad. I went to Toni and Guy where an English guy cut it. He was a really good laugh actually, he was a real London geezer and was totally mad. I think I'm pleased with it, he cut some 'funky (so he called them) layers' in it, so it's quite a bit shorter....the real test will be when I try to style it myself. It was really funny cos we'd done so much of the same stuff, and he has family out here that he's staying with and never met before just like me, the difference is he's still living with them!
I've just been to one of my favourite shops here, I'm addicted to going in there, the CDs and DVDs are only $10, which is about 4 pounds, and they're all originals, they don't have the latest releases, but they are quite up to date, it's just too tempting!
The weather has been fantastic still, you wouldn't believe it's Autumn. It's been a bit muggy the last couple of days, but there's always a nice breeze which keeps you a bit cooler. I can't imagine it ever getting really cold here.

No comments: