Saturday, April 02, 2005

New home....
I moved into my new place today. Packing didn't take too long, even though since I've been in Australia I've accumulated about twice the amount of stuff I originally brought with me!! We got to the house about midday, Grant helped with moving of some furniture (which he got roped into!) I'm feeling a bit jaded today, I just feel like I've moved so many times over the last few months, and it's just something new to get used to again...until the next time. The house is really nice, it's clean and my room is a reasonable size, although I have to get used to sleeping in a single bed again! I'm lucky Sue and Grant lent me their CD player until I'm sorted out, cos otherwise I think I would go out of my mind! The location is great, I'm right in the city next to Hyde Park, and there are shops nearby and even a supermarket that's open until midnight 7 days a week. I've unpacked all my stuff now, and thought I'd venture out into the city tonight. I'll probably only go to the cinema, my landlord warned me about walking in certain areas, so I've got to be a bit careful...it's weird cos I'm so used to living in Munich and not having to worry about things like that. So, yes I'm feeling lonely and missing my family and friends something rotten, but just give me a few days and I'm sure I'll be on top form again ;o) I'm going to Bondi beach tomorrow so I'm sure that'll cheer me up no end....it's really hot, it's gonna be 32 degrees...at last!!

No comments: