Monday, April 11, 2005

First day in my new job today, nothing exciting to tell there really! everyone that works there is old, there's noone anywhere near my age which is rubbish and they seem a bit scatty like they don't know what they're doing....I spent ages doing nothing, but suprisingly the day went pretty quick. I found out that the woman I'm reporting to actually knows my landlord!
I had a good night at Sue and Grant's last night, they had the whole family round again, so there wasn't a quiet moment. I was waiting for my bus home with Matt and Sophie when we heard a really loud buzzing sound, then something fell to the floor with a thud, turns out it was a possum, they like to walk on the electric wires and they often get electricuted...poor thing. I actually met a couple of lads from Essex at the bus stop, they have been in Sydney for 2 months and they're off to Cairns on Wednesday, I'm supposed to be going out with them and their friends tomorrow night.
I've just got back from the cinema, Matt and his friend got some free passes for the premiere of The Interpreteur so they asked me to go with them, it was good film, very long though. It amazes me how laid back the Ozzies are, everytime I've been to the cinema here they just chat to each other during the film and noone cares... and there was one guy tonight having a long chat on his mobile phone and noone says anything...it's mad!
Not really looking forward to work tomorrow, I hope I sleep a bit better tonight, last night was a bit restless as I was a bit nervous, also I keep finding cockroaches in my bedroom which makes me a bit uneasy....just when I think I've killed one then the next night another one appears, I'll have to sort that out somehow!

No comments: