Friday, April 15, 2005

I've had a really good week, although I'm still glad it's Friday! I got a chance to phone my brother last night, we haven't really spoken on the phone since I left England and it was his birthday, so I was desperate to speak to him!! We had a great chat, we were both talking 100 miles an hour!! It does get to me not being able to phone people when I want, so I hope my landlord sorts the phone out soon.
I met up with Todd last night (friend of a friend) we hadn't met before, only spoken via email. I had a really nice evening, we went to a couple of bars in a part of the city I hadn't been before, so it was great. He's from New Zealand and is a really nice guy, he's invited me to a few parties over the coming weeks which I'm looking forward to. So I was pretty tired at work today what with going out and my landlord waking me up at all hours....I tell you I'm getting a bit annoyed now, yesterday morning it was the washing machine at 7am (it's in the cellar right under my bedroom and you can hear everything) then this morning he was running up and down the stairs to the cellar with a portable radio, I said to myself 'what now??' and I'm not sure if he heard me cos he disappeared after that and I didn't hear a peep, like I said you can hear everything....oops!!
Work is still going ok, I've been kept quiet busy. I was doing my timesheet today (the most important job) and they told me I'd actually gone over the hours I should have done, I was told that it was 9-5 with a half hour lunch break so that's what I'd been doing, but it turns out the agency got it wrong (again) and it should be an hour break. I'm a bit gutted cos thats 2.5 hours less a week to get paid, but then again, it'll make the day go quicker. I can go home too cos it's only a 5 minute walk so I guess I'll save on lunch money.
Had a text from Matthew (Grants son) last night, he's asked me if I want to go and see a rugby league game on Sunday, it's Manly v Canberra. I really want to see if I can get into this rugby lark as it's so popular here....I guess if I get bored I can always go to the beach (don't tell Matthew I said that!!)
I've just signed up for the boot camp...aargh, don't know what I'm letting myself in for...oh well, too late now!!

No comments: