Friday, April 08, 2005

So I start work on Monday...booo!! I got the job ;o) it's working for the Dept of Education, it involves admin work and also helping with projects. I didn't have an interview, so I've no idea what the people are like, fingers crossed it'll be ok as it's until the end of June.
I went up the Sydney tower today, I thought I'd make the most of it as it's been a really clear day. They start you off by doing the Skytour, which is basically telling you the history of the country, then you go on a virtual reality ride where you get thrown around on your chairs, the film takes you water rafting, under the water and to the outback. After that it was up to the top of the tower, it's actually one of the safest buildings in the world, it took them nearly 10 years to finish constructing it. The views from it are amazing, the tower takes you 250 metres above the Sydney skyline so you have excellent views of the harbour and all around.....I saw the road where I live too! I've attached the website link on the right so you can have a look if you like.
I had a call from my gym today, I'm thinking of doing one of their boot camps. I read about them in magazines ages ago, and wanted to do one, but I've never seen one until now. It involves getting to the Quay for 6am, 3 mornings a week for 4 weeks, and each session lasts 75 mins...rain or shine! It sounds like really really hard work as it's army training oriented, but the end results should be good and it's also a chance to meet people. I've got until Monday to decide if I want to punish myself with this!!

No comments: