Friday, April 01, 2005

I had a good day again yesterday. I went to another recruitment agency to sign up, and they said there is a chance of some work coming up next week. The girls were really nice and friendly there, I think it was the best agency I've been to yet, I even got a good tip on where to buy some 'corporate' work clothes, so of course I went there after and had a look! It was a factory outlet place for one of the good department stores here. I could have actually bought the whole shop, they had some great stuff there and at really good prices. In the end though I had to limit myself...I bought 2 jackets, a pair of trousers and a skirt...all for under 80 pounds...bargain, I'm going to have to go back there sometime!!
When I got back, we went to pick up Sue from work and then went for a quick dinner at an Italian before going to the North Sydney Boys High school (which is where Sue and Grants son goes) to watch a concert. I didn't really know what to expect, but I ended up having a really good night. The school has 3 jazz bands, and the advanced one played last night, they played the first few songs and I was really impressed, the music was really cool. Then their special guest James Morrison came on stage, he's really well known here and has played the Sydney opera house amongst other venues. After the interval the boys band left the stage and James Morrison played with his band. I did enjoy this, but I actually preferred the first half best. Actually the drummer was very good and at one point when he was doing his drum solo he walked off the stage and was actually drumming on the stage, on the walls, and everywhere else, that was very enjoyable!!
It was a bit of a late night last night, and I'd drunk a few wines, so I was feeling a bit groggy this morning. I got up earlyish and went to the gym and did a yoga class thinking it would be quite relaxing....of course it wasn't at all, it was very hard work, but I felt better afterwards. I've just been sat in the back garden all afternoon, it's a gorgeous day, and it's supposed to be carrying on like this for the whole weekend, so maybe I'll get to see the beach on Sunday, at long last ;o)

No comments: