Sunday, April 10, 2005

Had a bit of a mad night on Friday....I'm still recovering now! I made myself get dressed up and headed into town, I ended up in a bar, got myself a glass of wine and within 10 minutes I was sitting with a group of Ozzies! There were 5 of them, the guy that came over to talk to me first and then a few other guys and a girl. They were really nice and friendly. One of them was making me laugh, he was so full of it, he'd been there, done that, met U2 etc etc, you wouldn't believe some of the stuff he was coming out with, I started to get a bit worried that I was sitting with a complete lunatic, but the others seemed normal so I stayed with them. After a few drinks, we all went to the club upstairs as there was a band playing, they are an Australian band called Thirsty Merc, they were really cool, I loved their music....and we got in for free too!!
When they'd finished playing we went back downstairs and met a few of their other friends, and then it was onto a nightclub. I've got no idea what it was called or where it was, but it was a great place and I met loads of people, it was worth the hangover yesterday, although cos I hadn't been out like that for ages I did feel really bad, I couldn't get out of bed until about 7.30 last night, I had to force myself eat to something....not good. Actually my landlord figured I wasn't feeling too good and cooked some extra seafood risotto for me, it's still in my fridge though, I couldn't have faced eating that yesterday!! I'm glad my TV is sorted out now otherwise I'd have been really bored, I watched the Royal Wedding coverage last night, but I missed the end of the blessing cos I couldn't keep my eyes open! I've had a couple of calls from one of the guys from Friday, seeing if I wanted to meet up with them this weekend, as I'm off to Grant and Sue's in a bit, I'll maybe meet up with them next week sometime. I'm also going to be meeting up with Todd, a friend of a friend next week, we've written a couple of emails and he seems like a nice guy.
Starting my new job tomorrow, I'm a little nervous, I hope it'll be ok!

No comments: