Sunday, April 24, 2005

I saw Beyonce on Friday evening....well I saw her head anyway!! She was signing perfume at Myer (department store) I didn't stay too long as it was really packed and hot and sweaty, but I could see that she looks absolutely stunning in real life. So that was quite exciting.
I had a really good day yesterday, Todd picked me up at 9am to take me to some of the Northern beaches. First stop was to his friend Matt's house, where he cooked us breakfast, then we got in the car and headed out. We went to Summer Bay (where they film Home and Away) actually it's really called Palm beach, it was quite funny going there even though I didn't really watch the program, I still recognised the beach. I think the guys were a bit embarrased cos they had to ask the lifeguards which part of the beach it was filmed, I was laughing in the back at them!! The beach was lovely, there were hardly any people there, and the ones that were were mostly surfers. It was really cool watching them, Todd brought his surfboard, so I was watching him for a while, then Matt went in and had a go, apparently the waves weren't the best though. We sat on the beach for an hour or so and then we drove back down the coast through Dee Why, and into Newport where we stopped at the Newport Arms for a beer and some lunch. It was a lovely pub, and absolutely packed out, we sat overlooking the water which was really picturesque. After lunch we stopped off at another view point, we could see about 4 different beaches from there, the scenery is absolutely breathtaking...this is what Australia is all about!! On the way home we dropped Matt off back home in Manly, then Todd and I walked down to Manly beach, which again was great, there were lots of volleyball tournaments going on, Todd wanted to stop and watch the womens' game, and I wanted to watch the guys!!! So we looked around Manly for a while, then as it was getting late, we decided to head off home to get ready for the nights activities! I had such a great day, I can't believe how many different beaches I've already seen, I'm definitely going back to Manly on the ferry from Sydney harbour, it's supposed to be a really great trip.
So, last night I jumped on the bus to Coogee (where Todd lives) and we went to his friend's flat to have a few drinks before we went out. There was a British couple and a few Aussies, they seemed really nice. After a couple of drinks we headed out to Kings Cross (red light district) so I was a bit wary, but we went to a really cool club called Moulin Rouge. Actually, it wasn't really my kind of place, the music was pretty cool, but absolutely everyone bar me was off their heads on drugs (it was that kind of place) but I kept up with them all by dancing for about 4 hours until 2.30, then I decided I'd done my best, but it was time to go to bed as it'd been a long day!
I actually managed to sleep until 11.30 today....woohoooo...longest lie in for ages and ages, I must have been tired! Actually I spoke to my landlord the other day and nicely asked him to keep the noise down in the morning....he apologised and said he didn't realise, but then I mentioned the hoovering at 9am on a Sunday, and he said, sorry, you'll have to put up with that or go to bed early....charming! I'll have to hide the hoover I think!
I had a lovely day today, I took a walk to Mrs Macquaries Chair, which is an excellent viewpoint to see the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House, I took a few pics there, then I headed back to the Royal Botanical gardens, and I must say they are the best botanical gardens I've ever been to, I was there for about 3 hours, they are massive! There are loads of bats that live there in the trees, I was quite suprised to see so many of them, there were hundreds hanging upside down, and these aren't the small ones, they're massive, they are called flying foxes, I even looked through a telescope to see them close up. I saw 3 different weddings in the gardens, what a fantastic place to have a wedding. On my way back home I was walking past a cafe and I saw Jess (Grants daughter) and Kath, so I went and said hi, they were really suprised to see me, it was nice to see them again.
I think I'm going to take it easy tonight, I'm looking forward to the rugby game tomorrow, and then playing 2 up afterwards ;o)
Ok, so I've gone on quite a bit now, I'll stop talking now!!

2 comments:

jane said...

you got totally used to munich sunday quiet time!

x
jane

Anonymous said...

Hey Vik,

it all sounds so exciting...you already have so many cool stories to tell...
Take care. We miss you.xx