Thursday, April 07, 2005

I had a well deserved day off today...hahaa, just kidding, it was nice to sleep till 9 though!! My work finished yesterday, the day was a bit better than the previous days, but still a bit boring. I actually went for another job interview yesterday lunch time, the agency phoned me this morning to tell me that I was the best candidate for the job and they really wanted to take me on, but they will more than likely need someone for longer than 3 months, which I can't do because of my visa. It annoyed me actually cos the client didn't tell the agency that, so it was a waste of my time, although I guess it's good experience to have the interview, and it gave me a bit of confidence knowing that I was the favourite. Anyway, my consultant told me about another position that might suit me, so I'm going to go for that one, it's even closer to where I'm living too, which is going to be very handy, and also it's only working 9-5 which is great!! I should hear about that tomorrow anyway.
So I finally got to the gym this morning, it was the first time I've been to the one in the city, I felt a bit left out....there were hardly any westerners there, there are so many Asians living here! Had a really good workout and I even had a sauna, it was nothing like the saunas in Germany though, I was in there for 10 mins before I even broke out into a sweat!!
On my way home I walked through Hyde Park and I saw my first possum (well I think it was a possum!) it was in a tree, I hope I'm right otherwise that is going to sound a bit stupid! There are all sorts of weird birds in the park too, they seem a bit scary to me!
I went shopping again this afternoon, I must stop doing that...I ended up buying a bikini....well it was in the sale, and a couple more tops. I've found this really great shop that sells bargain clothes, I must have bought at least 10 tops there already!
I now must plan my travel through Australia, I have to sit down and think where I really want to go. I'm going to work for 3 months, then take off for a while, then come back to Sydney and maybe work for a bit longer...we'll see.
Ooh, I've just remembered, another part of my shopping trip was buying a ticket to see Kylie's concert in May....hahaa ;o) I just had to do it, I'm really looking forward to it!!
Just had to sign on again...I keep forgetting to write stuff. The Japanese girl came round to see the flat again tonight, she's really nice and she's going to be moving in next Saturday, so that'll give me a bit of company.

No comments: