Saturday, April 16, 2005

I'm feeling really grumpy and tired today....as you've probably guessed from previous blogs, one of my pet hates is to be woken up early when I'm trying to sleep, well I have 4 words....washing machine... very early!! I am going to have to say something soon, I thought my landlord would be a bit more considerate on a weekend, obviously not, it was especially annoying as I was out last night till 1.30! not happy :-(
Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest!! I had a great night again last night, I met some of the people who I'd met in the pub last Friday night, then one of the guys, Dave said his friend could get us into a really popular bar down by Circular Quay, they had a Led Zeppelin tribute night going on. I was a bit dubious at first, but it turns out the bands were excellent. We were sat right at the front, but unfortunately it was right by the bass speaker...we had to move after a while cos we thought our ears would start bleeding!! I was telling Dave about all the places I've travelled to and he was really jealous, he's only ever been to Edinburgh outside of Australia (both his parents are Scottish). It actually turned out to be quite a long list, I forgot about how many places I have actually been to...lucky me!!
I've just seen on the news 2 men were shot and killed in a drive-by shooting late last night at the Rocks, which is quite near where we were! Actually in the taxis here the drivers have a sort of screen wrapped round them to stop them getting attacked, they look very strange, I've never seen that before, not even in London.
I also saw there was a shark attack at Bronte beach today (just south of Bondi) the surfer had to fight it off with his surfboard but luckily the shark only bit into the board....sends a shiver down my spine!
I'm just going to go to the cinema I think now, then I may join the others at the pub later.

No comments: