Thursday, April 21, 2005

The weather has been beautiful here, well apart from yesterday, I hope it stays like this for the weekend,, we’ve got a long one coming up as it's Anzac day on Monday. This is good in one way, but unfortunately I realised last night, that cos I'm temping I won't actually get paid for it :-(
Apparently everyone gathers on Monday morning for the Dawn Service which is held at Martin Place in the city, they say that normally 20,000 people attend, then it's the Parade where all the ex-servicemen wear their medals and march to the closest war memorial (which as it happens is just over the road from my place!)
After that everyone gets the beers out and gets drunk! It's a big tradition that everyone plays '2 up' involving betting on which way up the coins land (normally this is illegal here, but for Anzac day it's ok)
So I'm going to attempt to get out of bed so I can see all this for myself. Later on I'm going to the rugby with Matt (we didn't make it last week as planned) It's a traditional Anzac day rugby league game between the Sydney Roosters and the St George/Illawarra Dragons, so it should be a good first game to watch.
I’ve just received some info about the boot camp, ohmigod…read this

The instructors will select activities including running, jumping, carrying and callisthenics that will push you beyond your comfort zone to intensity where you will feel you are achieving true results.

I’m really scared now!!
Went to ‘my local’ ;o) after work yesterday, met lots more of Dave’s group of friends, there are some very interesting characters that’s for sure, but they’re all really lovely and friendly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to see you are really settling in now.. good to see you have a great circle of friends too... nice one!

Take it easy... Planty