Friday, May 20, 2005

The training course went ok on Wednesday, we were there to learn how to use this filing/archiving software, not the most exciting of things! There were 10 of us there plus the trainer who was a bit of a flapper….it took him forever to get things set up. Actually it was quite funny, cos we had just gone for the 3rd day of a three day course, and I ended up actually knowing more than the others did and I’ve only read instructions on how to use it previous to the course. I got a bit frustrated actually, cos they were really slow to pick it up. I had to help Dragon a few times, but because of this I kept missing the next steps so the teacher kept jokingly picking on me. Anyway, I learnt a lot that will help me with my next exciting job of archiving 50 boxes of files…can’t wait!
On Wednesday night I just went round to Marie’s house for an hour or so, for a chat. Yesterday was a bit boring, just went to the gym again.
Today we have a clean-up day at work, everyone has to muck in and clean and tidy stuff up. Actually it’s not too bad cos they’ve provided loads of food, so I’ve been eating all day!! And the day is going really quick which is also good ;o) I was just beginning to change my mind about Dragon, when you are on your own with her (like at the course) she can be quite nice, but then today, she’s in a right foul mood, I archived a file that she still needed and she got in a right strop, then she’s just been walking around moaning at everyone, I tell you, I’ve never met someone with such a grumpy disposition, jeez, it wouldn’t kill her to smile once in a while and have some manners!
I’ve got quite a busy weekend ahead, after I clean the house tonight I’ll be meeting up with Dave, I haven’t seen him for a couple of weeks, so that’ll be nice. Then tomorrow Sue and I are heading off to Manly, we’re meeting Todd and Matt. As Sue will be moving there soon, I thought it’d be nice to introduce her to Matt as he lives there. I think the boys are going to be surfing and we’ll probably go for a walk and have a look around until they’ve finished.
I’m really excited, I’ve just booked our trip to Hunter Valley (wine region) for the beginning of June. I got a really good deal, it includes return bus, 1 nights accommodation, wine tour, pizza dinner and breakfast. The owner said we go for the wine tour on the Saturday for the afternoon, do the wine and cheese tasting, then buy some wine and go back to the hostel where we open the wine and eat the pizza dinner, then head off to the pub down the road for Karaoke. The next day, we can relax by the pool and have a sauna, they have bikes which we can use and also horse riding…. sounds like it’s going to be a great weekend ;o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wohaaaayyy... cool - likes like you are headed for a few weeks of fun!
You should tell the dragon, how bad she comes across to people! Sometimes it helps for an outsider to tell someone... she probably doesnt even realise no one likes her!! You know me.. I would tell her... :-(
Anyway have a great weekend.. speak to you soon!