Saturday, May 14, 2005

I had a lovely suprise on Thursday night, Immeria, a friend I used to work with at HP in Munich phoned me up for a chat. We had a gossip about what had been going on back in Germany and about what I'm doing now, was great to catch up with her ;o)
I ended up staying in last night, I've been feeling so lethargic all week, not quite sure why, but I just haven't had any energy. I left work early as I'd started earlier and went straight to the gym...I did have to force myself! Then when I got home I watched Big Brother (never seen any of them before, so it's a first for me) actually I can see how people get addicted to it, Sue says it pretty much the same as the UK, although I don't think it's as big here as it is in the UK. Then after that it was American Idol...they're down to the last 4, god I've never watched that before either, how sad am I!! So I was pretty much rested when I woke up this morning so I went for a run, I felt good at the time, but now my legs are starting to seize up and I'm struggling walking anywhere.
I've been a real tourist today, I went to the aquarium down at Darling Harbour, that was pretty cool, loads of different things to see, and you get to go through the walkways and see the seals and the sharks (in different sections of course). There were some pretty big and unusual looking sharks there, and it said on the signs that because of the tunnelled glass the sharks appear 25% smaller than they actually are.
After that I walked through Darling harbour, they are having a Buddha day, so there's lots of celebrations going on there with lots of Asian food stalls. I went into the Chinese Gardens, which were lovely, it was very tranquil in there, just like being in another country altogether. There were a couple of Chinese weddings going on there too, the brides and the bridesmaids dresses were absolutely stunning, they were so colourful.
So that's it so far, I think next stop is the Anzac memorial museum in Hyde park.
Oh, and I think the rat is out of the house, I saw one this morning on the bench in the garden, I thought it was dead, but I looked again a bit later and it's moving slightly, poor thing, it must be the poison giving it a slow death, I feel really sorry for it, it's only a baby one too...then again, I am glad it's not in the house anymore!

No comments: