Sunday, May 08, 2005

Had another hectic weekend. Friday night I went out for a few drinks with Dave, Simon and a few others, that was a fun night. We were supposed to be going to a birthday party, but Simons date was really late in arriving, so we didn't make it in the end. Then I was up early yesterday, Todd's flatmate Jason kindly offered to take me to the Blue Mountains. So he picked me up at 9.30 and we set off. The weather didn't look too promising on the way there, but it was a 2.5 hour drive so we thought it might get better when we got to Katoomba, also it was forecast to be sunny. Anyway it didn't clear up at all, it was drizzling rain and very very misty, so we couldn't see anything, absolutely gutted :-( We took a walk down to one of the 3 sisters (rock formations) but we could only see that one, it's supposed to be a spectacular view, and we didn't even see the mountains either. There is supposed to be a blue haze which comes from the eucalyptus trees, hence the name Blue mountains, so I was really annoyed I didn't see that. (I've added a link on the right if you're interested in looking) So anyway, we got some food and then set off up the road to go to the scenic railway, which is the world's steepest railway. We decided to walk down to the bottom and then get the train back up as it was a really long way down (very sensible idea). The walk down through the rain forest was great, you had to be a bit careful tho as it was very slippy, I nearly came a cropper a couple of times! When we got to the bottom we had a look at all the coal mine info and then we caught the train back up, I must admit I was a bit scared, I thought the cable was gonna break as it was so steep and it looked really old, luckily it was only a short ride up! We were going to stop off and look at Wentworth Falls on the way back, but the visibility was just too bad so we just set off back home.
Then last night Sue and I went into Coogee to meet Jason and Todd. We had a really fun night, we went to this massive place which had bars on all three floors. There were so many different types of people there, and if you were a girl and you weren't wearing a hat you weren't in at all! I was told the band Scissor Sisters started that fashion, anyway....we went downstairs later on and had a dance, I can't believe how many letchy men there were there, Sue and I were surrounded at all times, it was hilarious, I've never seen anything quite like it!!
Today I felt a bit unsociable so I took the bus to Coogee for a coastal walk. The coastline is so spectacular here, I feel so lucky to have the chance to see it. I walked along Coogee beach, then past Gordons bay. On the way to Bronte there was the biggest graveyard I think I've ever seen, it was quite something, and at the risk of sounding morbid, it's a nice place to be laid to rest as it's right by the ocean....anyway, next stop was Bronte where I had a rest and treated myself to a bag of chips (which were yummy) I sat there for a while taking it all in and watching the surfers, it's so beautiful there. Then it was past Tamarama beach and finally Bondi where I had another rest and a glass of juice. That all took up about 4 hours, I really enjoyed it, but am a bit tired now!
Think I'm going to have a quiet night in front of the TV tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How long are you out there for? Thinking of going to Oz myself - munich person.