Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I’m feeling really tired this week, I haven’t been sleeping very well since Satomi told me that she’d seen a big rat in the house. She saw it on the stairs (which are just by my room) when she’d got up in the middle of the night on Sunday, so I’ve been a bit of a nervous wreck. I keep imagining waking up with a rat on my bed….I have quite a large gap under my door, so I’ve been stuffing a blanket under that, I’ve been checking under my bed with my torch each night and everytime I go out of my bedroom I have to open the door slowly and peek out first to check it’s not there. Everytime I see something move out of the corner of my eye I jump a mile, it’s awful! My landlord has bought some poison now, but the trouble is we don’t know whether it’s still in the house or not (unless of course I see it and then the whole neighbourhood will know!!) I just love living in an old house that all these animals can get in to, (said with a slight hint of sarcasm!) I’d only just gotten used to the cockroaches!
Apart from that it’s been a pretty quiet week so far, I went to Sue and Grant’s for dinner last night, it was nice to see them as it’d been a while since my last visit, had a lovely dinner and some of Jess’s birthday cake.
I’m going to take it easy this weekend, I was invited out on Friday night, but I’ve had to turn it down as I really need to save a bit of money and I need a rest from drinking. I’ll probably go to the cinema on Saturday night, and on Sunday, a Russian colleague of Gavin’s is coming over from India, so we’re going to meet up and I’m going to show her around a bit, she sounds really nice and she’s so excited about visiting here. There’s no shortage of things to show her, so it won’t be too much hard work!

No comments: