Sunday, May 22, 2005

Friday night was good fun, I met Dave and a few others down the pub, it was nice to catch up again and we always have a laugh. I ended up going home to get my camera so I've got some photos of everyone, hopefully I'll be able to get them online soon. Was up early on Saturday to meet Sue, we got the ferry to Manly, unfortunately I missed most of the scenery cos we were talking so much.... I did manage to get a couple of piccies though. It was a beautiful day, the weather was perfect. We had a short walk along the beach, then we sat outside of one of the cafes on the beach front and had some lunch, then we sat on the beach for a while just watching the world go by. It was so lovely just to sit there and relax, and it was definitely hot enough to sunbathe, although the beach wasn't that busy, it was just right. Later on we met up with Todd, Matt and their other friend Tim, we had a beer with them in one of the pubs, then we all walked back to Matt's and then drove to Harbord, which is just north of Manly. There was a big rugby game on so the boys wanted to watch it. They took us to the Harbord RSL club (which is our equivalent of the British Legion) although it is nothing like what we have in the UK (not that I've been to many) It was full of gaming machines (I still can't believe how big gambling is here) and giant TV screens everywhere, nothing like I expected. Anyway, it turns out that Matt got the time of the game wrong and we were there 2 hours early, Todd, Sue and I decided we didn't really want to hang around so we went back into Manly and went for dinner. I had the lovliest Thai green curry, I'd been getting cravings for Thai food since I left Thailand, so I really enjoyed that meal. We had some wine, a good chat, then we got the ferry back into the city, by which time I was really tired. Todd went off home and Sue and I walked back too. I was in bed by 10pm, I was going to try and watch the FA Cup final, but I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer!
So today, I was up bright and early again. I went for a walk through Kings Cross and over to Rushcutters Bay and Darling Point, my plan was to walk all around to the different bays, but they're not really connected so well so I ended up having to walk up and down really hilly windy roads to try and get to the next point, I didn't have a map either, so I had no clue where I was going, anyway, I gave up in the end cos it was really tiring work....I ended up back at Rushcutters bay, sitting down in the sun for an hour or so. There is some amazing scenery to be seen around there, I will have to go back at some point, and the houses are gorgeous, very expensive I bet, it reminded me a little bit of back home near the coast, apart from there are palm trees here!
So after that I came back home to get some food (this is part of my trying to save a bit of money scheme) I ended up switching on the TV and I got sucked into the second half of the FA cup match, quite an exciting match, sad that Man U didn't win, anyway it was a bit weird watching the game on my TV, it's really bad reception and it was like watching a match with 3 teams, the blacks, the reds and the little green men (due to the ghosting) it was quite difficult to see what was going on at some points!!
Wow, I've ended up writing an essay again, just so much to tell!!

No comments: