Monday, May 30, 2005

Sue and I went to a couple of different bars in the city on Saturday night, It’d been 5 months since I’ve been in an Irish bar, so I thought I’d better put that straight! One of the bars was called Scruffy Murphys, it was quite good in there, although we did feel a bit old…it was full of youngsters!! Actually I was talking to this lad and he couldn’t believe I was 30, he was like wow, you must have been like Miss Universe when you were 20…haha, that made me laugh, didn’t quite know how to take that ;o) After there we walked to the Burdekin (our local) to meet Todd and his friends. It was absolutely heaving in there, the music was great, they had a dj and drums and trumpets, was really cool, there just wasn’t any room to dance. Anyway, we stayed there till late, then a group of us walked up the road to another bar/club. I think I got home at 7am, so needless to say I was very tired yesterday! I did however, manage to actually do something, I jumped on the bus to Coogee and met up with Jason and Todd. We went for a walk along the coastline, stopped for a snack and a drink, then went back to their flat for Big Brother eviction night…I don’t think they were too happy about having to sit through 1.5 hours of it ;o)
Was a bit hard getting up for work this morning, Satomi must have had the munchies last night, she woke me up in the middle of the night cooking food, no idea why, maybe she couldn’t sleep, then she went back to bed and did it again later on, very strange!
I was just overhearing a couple of my colleagues talking, sounds like they want to extend my contract a bit longer as there is some work coming up, trouble is I will only be able to do an extra 2 weeks anyway as my 3 months will be up then, but the other thing is it doesn’t suit my plans, I’m moving back to Sue and Grant’s on the 1st July for a couple of weeks and I don’t want to have to travel into the city everyday, apart from it being quite expensive, it will take forever to get there in the rush hour, will have to see what happens. I’m hoping to get a job in the pizza shop near their house (Matt works there) so if I don’t get that, then I’ll have to consider staying on for the money…we’ll see.
I’m off to see the Foo Fighters tonight, just had a mail from Dave, they’re doing a free concert at the Fox Studios down the road, should be cool, although I don’t really know much of their music. Dave’s going to cook a pizza after, yum!!

No comments: