Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I made it back into Sydney....yaay!!!
Leah took me for lunch before I left for my flight which was nice. I got onto the bus ok, and arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare. I was really nervous about going back to Sydney for immigration reasons. I'd mentioned before on my blog that it was a palaver getting into New Zealand, well what happened was basically I had to give the airline an onward ticket from New Zealand (apparently New Zealand are one of the strictest immigration in the world), I did have a ticket, but that was back to Australia, so I couldn't show them that as they wouldn't have accepted it as I didn't have a visa to get back in. So anyway, after loads of faffing around, I had to buy a ticket from Auckland to Fiji, then they would let me on the flight. So I got that ok, then I did get questioned at New Zealand airport, but as I had an onward ticket, they let me in. So that was the hassle on the way. I had a lovely week in Auckland, but I always had it in the back of my mind about coming back!
So, yesterday, I got on the flight ok, no questions so that was fine. The flight was ok, I had a couple of glasses of wine to calm my nerves!! I got to immigration, and of course as soon as he typed in my passport number, a little bell rang, so he asked me to wait as I would have to speak to immigration (oh my god, that was scary!) then he was actually really funny, he saw on my arrival card where I was staying, and he then started asking me if I liked babysitting, and as I was staying near where he lived, he asked me if I could babysit his child tomorrow!! It was so funny, he was obviously just having a laugh, it was good though as it took my mind off seeing immigration!! Then I asked him what the problem was, and he started telling me about his why he needed a babysitter, I interrupted him saying, no I mean about me seeing immigration...he was like...it's all about you isn't it?!! it was very amusing!! Anyway, immigration finally came over and I was sooo nervous....they just asked me a few questions about why I had come back and where I worked before etc etc, then they just kept saying...you cannot work, you must realise you cannot work this time, I was like, yes, of course, I'm just on holiday...then they let me go....phew! It's not that I've done anything against the law, but they just don't like people coming back here again after they've already had a years working visa, but my reasons are legit, so that's fine ;o) So after that palaver, I picked up my bag (it was the lonesome one on the carousel!) then I went through customs, then I got my bloody bags all searched....they just picked me randomly...so he went all through my bags to check for food (which they are really strict about bringing in here) I told him I had some chocolate and a packet of crisps in there, he said that's ok, if I had an apple I'd be in trouble (luckily I'd just thrown an apple in the bin before hand!) So that's my story about getting home, it was quite funny looking back, but I don't want to go through that again!!
Anyway, here are a few pics from my trip
This is William and Paul
Image hosting by Photobucket
Me on St Paddy's Day
Image hosting by Photobucket
The Sky Tower
Image hosting by Photobucket
Views from the Sky Tower
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Looking down...yes, I stood on the glass floor...I'm so brave!
Image hosting by Photobucket
This guy was doing the jump from the top....the horrible people made him hang in the front of the windows before they let him down...poor guy! (sorry, don't know why the pic is so small)
Image hosting by Photobucket
This is Roger, me and Elaine (my step mum)
Image hosting by Photobucket
on a night out.....Leah, me, Rebecca and Dirk (the blacks and the reds!)

Image hosting by Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vikki,

great you are back in Sydney. I couldn't believe how much you had to go through at the customs... Well you managed in the end. Great :-)

Take care,
Martina x