Thursday, March 16, 2006

I arrived in Auckland yesterday evening. The whole journey was a bit of a palaver, I'll explain when/if I get back to Sydney!! The flight was actually ok though, it was part of a long haul flight, so we had films and videos to watch which made the time pass by. I had my 'how to enjoy flying' book with me this time (Mum had had it sent over) so I managed to read half of that again before I got onto the flight, I quickly skipped to the chapters on turbulance and engine failure first though, just to calm me down!! I'd also taken a valium before the flight, but I made the mistake of having a small glass of wine on the flight and it totally knocked me out...first of all I got really spaced out, then I just fell into a deep sleep which I've never done on a flight before (actually maybe it was a good thing!!) So when we got to Auckland I got the bus to the hostel and after the horrible day I'd had, I was really unhappy to find that it was a real dump. Then I tried to phone Jason, but I couldn't find a phone that worked (coin pay phones are very few and far between here) so that just topped it all off! Anyway, as I'd only paid for one night at the hostel, I decided to find another one for the rest of my stay, so I went up the road and booked myself into a nicer one. I haven't been able to see my room yet though, they are still changing the beds. I saw that they are offering free accomodation for people in exchange for 4 hours work, so I will probably do that for a couple of days, save those pennies!
I'm hoping to go up the Sky Tower this afternoon, it's a beautiful clear day, so it's a great opportuntity. This time I came here prepared for cold weather, and it's not very cold...typical, I was freezing when I came in January! I'm hoping to meet up with Jason's cousin who lives here, so I'll try and call him later, maybe he can show me around a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up... remember it cant be soooooooooo bad... I hope... I am sure it will all work out. Wait and see. Take it easy. Thinking of you.... Chris