Monday, March 13, 2006

I had a really nice weekend. Apart from Saturday morning where I spent most of my time at the doctors...trying to get everything sorted out before my Medicare card runs out this week! Saturday afternoon, Jason and I took a drive to Alexandria where they have all the outlet shops, he'd heard on the radio about a sale for mens suits, so we went to check it out (he needs a suit for my brothers wedding). Eventually we found the place, unluckily they were closing in 10 minutes....anyway, the woman picked out a suit in quick time, he tried it on and it was perfect, we still need to get a shirt, but we can do that anytime, so we were really impressed. There are just a few alterations to do and that's it. I had to laugh, I don't think Jason has ever worn a suit before...he did look a bit awkward in it, bless him!!
In the evening we just went out for dinner on our own (which doesn't happen too often!) we went to the local Thai, it's really good food, and really cheap too, I had my usual vegetable green curry, I must try something else next time. Then we went for a couple of drinks down at the seafront where we had a laugh watching all the drunk people, then we just got a DVD (Mr & Mrs Smith...I wouldn't recommend it, it was pretty bad!).
Sunday, we drove to Manly to meet Sue and her friend Mark, over from UK, for lunch. We met them at a cafe and had a really nice lunch (including a couple of glasses of wine...which I haven't done for lunch in ages!) we had a really nice couple of hours, it was nice to go somewhere different for a change....I do really like Manly. Then Jason and I had to make a move as unfortunately we could only find a parking space for 2 hours. I, as expected fell asleep in the car on the way back...I've never been a very good afternoon drinker! We stopped off quickly at the supermarket, then we went home, where I again fell asleep for an hour! After that, we walked down to the Palace and met up with a few friends there for a couple of hours. It wasn't a late one though....I was still shattered!!
I've only got today and tomorrow left at work....I'm off to New Zealand (yes, again) on Wednesday for a week. I have to get my tourist visa so I can come back here for a while. We've had a few more problems with our original plan :-( It does mean I can't work, but hopefully the other visa will be sorted out soon. So I'm going to Auckland, I haven't been there before and I'm quite looking forward to it...I'm such a jetsetter aren't I??!!

No comments: