Monday, March 20, 2006

I had another bad sleep last night, there was a new girl in the bed above me and she kept rocking the bed everytime she moved...I actually had motion sickness at one point (I am very sensitive!) it felt like I was on a boat!
I've got quite a lot done today, I got up early and caught the bus to Mount Eden, it's a dormant volcano. I walked to the summit (196m, I think) there, you get amazing views of the city. That didn't take me long, so I got the bus back into the city and walked to Victoria Park Market...which was a bit disappointing, there wasn't a lot there. I then walked to the Viaduct (the harbour) I had a quick stop at the fish market, but I wasn't yet hungry, so I didn't taste any of the fish and then walked along the waterfront. It's been a beautiful day today, it's really hot, I had to go back to the hostel and change out of my jeans. After my long walk I was tired, so I had some lunch, then this afternoon, I've just been browsing around the shops on Queens Street. I'm actually really unimpressed with the shops here (which is probably a good job) there is not much of a selection of shops along the main shopping street.
So, in a minute I'm off to try and pack my bags, I'm still wondering how on earth I'm going to get all those towels (engagement pressies) in my bag!!
I'm leaving Auckland tomorrow afternoon, I've had a great time here, but I'm now happy to go back to Sydney.

No comments: