Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I had a great evening last night. Myself, Leah, Dirk and Rebecca (who'd just checked in last night) went out for dinner. We went to a Thai restaurant around the corner which was very cheap and cheerful. After that we went to a bar to try and catch up with someone Dirk knew, but they weren't there, so we bought a bottle of red wine and went to the roof terrace of the hostel for a couple of hours. We had such a good laugh. It was funny talking to Leah, she's American, but was born in Cambodia, she's one of 12 children!! We were in hysterics from some of the stories she was telling....she refers to her siblings by number there's that many of them!!
So this morning, I'm just trying to pass a bit of time until I leave the city at about 2pm. I'm meeting Leah for lunch at 12, so that'll pass a bit of time too.
I've had a really good time there, especially as I didn't really want to come. It's so different travelling on your own here in New Zealand, compared to Australia, the people I've met here are all nearer to my age, so I don't always feel like I'm the old lady of the group..which is great!!!

No comments: