Wednesday, July 13, 2005

This week is sooo busy, I'm trying to get ready for my travels on Monday. I've booked one of my tours now, it involves 3 days sailing around the Whitsundays, snorkelling and touring the islands, a 3 day 4WD tour of Fraser Island (the largest sand island in the world) I still have a couple more tours to book including Cape Tribulation, Port Douglas and Magnetic Island, I can't wait, it's going to be so cool! Also Grant, Sue and Sue's Mum Kath will be coming back from their holidays at the weekend, so I have to put all my stuff I'm not taking to Cairns up in the attic, and move out of Kath's to downstairs. I'm really going to miss my bed here, it's got an electric sheet on the mattress and it's so lovely to get into it at night when it's all nice and warm! There is no heating in the house, so it gets pretty cold at night.
I'm still enjoying my job...the time is going really quickly as I'm very busy....only 2 days left to go though! Mostly the job involves answering the phone and getting the mail ready. I've also had to use an electric typewriter to type up labels for the mail, which is a nightmare, I keep banging down the keys with force thinking I'm using my Mum's old typewriter, I'm suprised I haven't broken it....and the amount of mistakes I've made!! I've come across some really weird names of places here in Australia, yesterday there was a Punchbowl and a Tumbi Umbi!!
My friend Al finally arrived here yesterday, so I met up with her and her friend Hayley last night. It was lovely seeing Al again, but a bit weird seeing her here. We had a good catch up with lots of gossip and a couple of drinks. They thought it was funny that I turned up wearing my scarf...I was freezing, must have acclimatised too well...at least I'm not wearing a big puffa coat like some of the people here! Al said her brother Michael may be coming down from Brisbane for the weekend to see her, so I think there'll be a fair few of us out on Saturday night as some of my friends will be out too.
Al and Hayley are flying to Cairns on the Monday too, so I'm going to Kakuda with them the following day for a day out, Al has been there before, so it comes recommended.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds great! enjoy!

hugs to both you and ally.

a long mail to follow.

xxx
jane