Monday, July 04, 2005

After I'd settled into my new home on Friday night, Sue and Grant took me out for dinner to the local Thai restaurant. It was really nice catching up with them again. After that we went back to the house. I wanted to book my flight to Ayers Rock, I'd found a reasonable flight already, but they knew of a really good website, so we had a look to check and sure enough the flight was $100 cheaper than the one I'd found, so I booked that straight away, very chuffed with that. So with the money I'd saved I ended up buying an Oasis ticket for their concert here in November! Chris phoned me up too, it's so nice to have access to a phone now. I was quite relieved too that they have been feeding Misty outside, so it means if she is sick, then it'll be outside and I'll only have to hose it down!
Saturday I went into the city and bought my coach ticket for the bus trip back down to Sydney from Cairns, so I think I've more or less sorted out all my tickets for my future trips. In the evening I just stayed in and watched a film, I started to watch Live 8, but it didn't start till 11pm, so I only managed an hour or so...long enough to see my name come up on the TV cos I'd texted to be put on the petition. Sunday we took a drive to Balmain, one of the suburbs near the city, it was actually very nice there and it was a beautiful day to just sit in the sunshine and chill out and eat a big slice of homemade cheesecake!
I've managed to get a job today, actually 2 came up at the same time, the first one was in the same building I've just finished at, but the second one is closer, so I start there tomorrow. It's at an insurance brokers and I'll be working on reception. It's worked out really well as I'll be able to save that last bit of money for my trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thats cool that you got a job already... that came up nice and quick so very well done...

cool.. speak laters.