Saturday, July 30, 2005

Day 12 - Magnetic Island
I'm in heaven here, I spent the whole day on 3 different beaches today. I hired a snorkelling set from the hostel and caught the bus to Arthur Bay. The reef is supposed to be good there, but it was a bit overcast and windy, so I didn't bother. After an hour or so I decided to set off to the next beach, Florence Bay, the sun had come out again, so I went in the sea, it was pretty cold. I managed to swim out a bit, but it was quite windy and the visability was poor so I didn't see much, I must admit I was a bit worried about sharks and jellyfish too, so I got out after about 10 mins! I got chatting to a couple of English lads, they were laughing at me cos I was screaming when I swam through the seaweed!! they said they were going back to Horseshoe Bay and did I want a lift, so I went back with them. Just spent the rest of the afternoon chilling on the beach, it was a bit more sheltered there, so we didn't get so much wind, my tan is coming on now!!! We're meeting up in a bit and going to the pub on the beachfront. I would totally recommend Magnetic Island, it's really unspoilt and not full of tourists, the beaches are like a tropical paradise, absolutely stunning. I wish I could put my photos up.
Unfortunately it's my last day here today, I'm leaving tomorrow, next stop Airlie Beach and then sailing around the Whitsundays, what a life huh!!

No comments: