Saturday, July 09, 2005

I've had quite a busy week after all, what with preparing my intinerary for my trip and starting my new job. I'm really enjoying my job, it's so much busier than my last one (which isn't hard!) and there are lots of people my age there too, and they're all really friendly. The first day I was panicking a bit, it was hard remembering everyone's names and getting all the calls put through...needless to say I hung up on a few people! but over the last 2 days, I got the hang of it, and they think I'm doing a really good job....apparently the temp before only lasted a day, then they got rid of her, so I count myself lucky!!
My homelife has been pretty quiet, Misty is behaving herself....although she was sick on my second day here.....I knew she was saving it up for me!! Luckily it was outside so I just had to hose it down....yuk! She's just sat here next to me now, I think she's feeling a bit lonely as noone is living downstairs, I am trying to pay her attention...but I'm still scared she's gonna bite and scratch me!
I went to the city last night to meet Dave and the lads, on the way there I saw a new bar just opened 'The Bavarian Bier Cafe' so I really want to go there and have a look, it might help with my missing Munich! They've actually brought in a new law here this week, you now cannot smoke in the bars or clubs (or only in a nominated separate room) so I saw loads of people outside shivering smoking their cigs....it's great for me though, I love not stinking of smoke when I leave a pub! Anyway, the plan last night was to go to Bondi for a colleague of Simons' leaving party, but by the time everyone had sorted themselves out and dropped cars off etc, it was 10pm and I had to get the last bus home at midnight, so Dave and I just stayed in the city. We had a really funny night as usual, I was trying to teach him a bit of German, it was very amusing!!
I've just got back from town now, I went to get my haircut in the new Toni and Guy salon...yes I know I'm supposed to be saving, but there are some things a girl doesn't want to scrimp on! anyway, I'm really impressed with it, which is a lot coming from me...have I finally found the perfect hairdresser??!?!
Not sure what is on tonight, Sue was going to come round for a girls night in, but she's caught some sort of bug, so we've had to take a rain check...I quite feel like going out now to show off my new haircut! I probably won't though, too much hassle getting back here.
My friend Al, from Munich phoned me in the week, was great to speak to her again....she's coming out here on Monday, so we were chatting about what her plans are...I can't wait to see her, it's going to be great! She said that I've got a bit of a twang when I talk....you know how Ozzie's always higher their voice at the end of their sentences as if asking a question, well apparently I was doing that...I'll have to put a stop to that one ;o)
Rugby update: New South Wales and Queensland played the final of the State of Origin on Wednesday, NSW won 32 - 10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So when do we get to see the new haircut?

Steve