Friday, June 23, 2006

We've been having a really nice time in Slovakia the last few days. Tuesday we did a bit of sightseeing, we went for a walk around the old town, it really is very nice, lots of little roads and alleys with loads of cafes and restaurants. We took some nice photos of all the old buildings, although we had no idea what they were as we didn't have a tour guide! In the evening we had a nail biting time watching the England v Sweden game, luckily we didn't lose as if we had England would have been playing Germany on Saturday (which is my brothers wedding day, and nobody would have been happy!) but as it turns out they play on Sunday, which is great news.
Yesterday I went with Martina to try on my bridesmaids dress, it was really lovely, mind you I wished I was skinnier, but you can't have everything! Then we went to try on her dress (I'm not giving away any info on that one - all I'll say is she looked stunning!!) When we got back Jason, Mum and I went to the castle which is really close to my brothers flat and had a look around there. Last night we met up with my brothers friends who had come over from England and went out for a meal.
Today Jason and I went for another walk around town and had a look at the river Danube. I am really struggling with the heat, it really is so hot here, there was a huge storm last night which has cleared the muggyness, but it still is boiling.
We are off to Martinas parents tonight, then the big day on Saturday! I have to go now as I'm melting!!

No comments: