Monday, June 05, 2006

We finally arrived in the UK at 1pm on Saturday. It was such a long journey, it took 34 hours door to door, we were shattered! Our first flight was ok, a bit bumpy to start off with, but not too bad, we did have a bit of bad luck with our fellow travellers, I had a Russian lady sat behind me who kept moaning at me to put my seat forward, cheeky bloody woman, at one point she actually tried to push my seat forward with all her might, I had to turn around to ask her to stop, when she didn't, Jason told her off and she stopped, it made matters worse that she couldn't speak English! That really wound me up, I could have punched her! also Jason was sat next to a gay guy who wouldn't stop asking Jason questions about the flight and he kept tapping his legs to his music, he looked like he was on drugs! so that flight, which was 8 hours was a bit crap. To top it off, for the following 11 hour flight we had the same plane and the same passengers. That woman again kept tapping me and asking me to move my seat, I mean, why should I, I paid the same as everyone else and I wanted to be comfy too, she had her seat back. Anyway, we didn't get much sleep as it was a really bumpy flight practically all the way through, I was so glad I had read my 'how to enjoy flying' book before we went, it really helped, I think if I hadn't read that I would have been going out of my mind with worry (it's the turbulance that I hate). I did have some problems with my legs as well, they were really aching the whole journey, and my knees were killing me, that didn't help with trying to sleep, I felt like an old woman!! That flight was such a long one, I really didn't fancy getting on another plane again, but of course, we had to when we landed in Vienna. Luckily it was only a 2 hour flight, which went really quickly, thank god. When we landed in London it was a beautiful day, the sky was cloudless and blue, we were pretty suprised. We caught our bus to Bournemouth where Mum picked us up. It was really nice to see her and get home again, it's been so long since I've been here.
Didn't get much done yesterday as we were so tired, I still felt like I was sitting on a plane....because of the turbulance my head still felt like I was going up and down, not very nice! We tried to stay awake as late as we could, but by 8pm we had to give in, we did manage to get 13 hours sleep though, which was great, but I still felt a bit groggy this morning.
As it was a lovely day today, Jason and I got on our bikes and rode into Poole, we went to Poole Park, Baiter Park and Poole Quay. We had some chips at the quay which were yummy (best chips in the world) we had a walk around, Jason couldn't believe how many pubs there were within such a small area, I guess I'm so used to it I never noticed before, but he was right, there are loads, and restuarants too. We had a drink in the lovely sunshine and then had a look around Poole Pottery, we rode back via Upton Country Park, which was nice. It's so good to be able to ride a bike again, I really enjoyed it, we can't do that in Sydney as it's too hilly.
Got back home about 4pm, I've really caught the sun, my face is a bit sunburnt. I've sorted out all my cds, I bought a case back with me so I could take them back, Jason was taking the mickey out of me, he thinks I've got bad taste in music (little does he know, it's his bad taste, haha!) My brother phoned too, I'm looking forward to seeing him in a week. That's about it really, it's now 10.30pm, and I'm really stuggling to write this and keep my eyes open so I'm going to sign off for now, I hope it makes sense!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vikki,

it's great to know you are back on our continent again.
Looking forward to seeing you very soon ;-)

Martina xxx