Thursday, June 15, 2006

oops, I haven't written for a while, it's been really busy!
We watched the match on Saturday, I was pleased that England won, although the game was a bit boring in the second half. After the football we went home quickly to have some food, and then Mum took us to Wimborne for the folk festival. We had a great night, we went to a few different pubs, they all had tents and bands in the gardens. We bumped into some people I know who work with Mum, we had a laugh with them.
Next day we went to visit Jasons friends for an hour and then I drove to Sarah's as I didn't get to see her at the football game, so we said our goodbyes. Then it was home to pack all my stuff. We managed to get most of it in a vacuum bag I bought and we weighed both our bags and they were the right weight for the flight which was lucky.
Monday we were up at 4.30 to catch our coach to the airport. I was really sad to leave England, it just wasn't long enough, but I was glad that I'd be seeing Mum again in a week, she really looked after us both really well, as per usual. We had a bit of a nightmare with our flights, for some reason there was a problem with our tickets and they couldn't check us in, so we had to go to the ticket desk, then we went back to the check in and Jasons ticket was ok, but mine wasn't, so we were hanging around for ages, they closed the check in and there was only 20 mins for our flight and I still wasn't checked in. By now I was panicking thinking Jason was going to go without me and that my brother would kill me for not being on the flight. Anyway, we eventually got it sorted and had to run all the way to the boarding gate.....what a nightmare...and we weren't sat together. Luckily my flying nervousnous isn't as bad as it used to be.
So, we arrived in Vienna at 1pm and we met my brother. It was so good to see Chris again. We drove the 4 hours to Munich and Chris dropped us off at Nicola and Andys to unpack our stuff. It's really great to be in Munich again, it feels like I've never been away! We went out in the evening to Tijuana cafe, just Jason, Chris and I, we had a really good time catching up and a few drinks! All the cafes on Leopold str have tvs for the football, so its absolutely packed everywhere. After Italy won their first game all the Italians (there are loads of them out here) were celebrating on the street, they closed the street down, which is quite normal here, except we thought it was a bit extreme for the first game...anyway, it was good fun to watch.
Yesterday Jason and I did lots of sight seeing. We caught the train to Karlsplatz and walked down the high street to Marienplatz. We stopped and looked in lots of churches, they really are lovely here, as they are catholics the churches are full of gold and are really beautiful. We were real tourists and took lots of pictures. Then we walked back through the Englischer garten, it's a really huge garden, I think one of the biggest in Europe. We walked by the nudist part too which was very amusing, full of old men standing up in all their glory!!
We met everyone at the beer garden, Pete came, and Lisa and Steve, Brian, Jason, me and Chris, we got there for the first match of France and Switzerland. They have huge screens at all the beer gardens too. We also watched the Brazil v Croatia match. It was so busy down there, but it was nice to watch it out in the sunshine. We all had a good catch up and a few beers, it was great. We were in Leopoldstr again and there were loads of Brazilians celebrating.
Today we went to the Nymphenburger Schloss (palace) which is very beautiful. Then we went to my old work so I could say hello to my old work friends, it was so nice to see them all again, they were really suprised to see me. Now we are going out to get a place for the German game, so I have to run.

No comments: