Friday, February 24, 2006

Wednesday afternoon after I'd caught up on my emails, I went for a swim at the ladies swimming baths down by the sea. It only costs 20 cents...bargain! They have made a swimming area by the cliffs for women and children. I had a lovely afternoon, I swam for about 20 minutes, it's much nicer than being in a swimming pool, for one, you have these lovely views of the beach, and also it's really sunny. After that I sat in the sun for a while....bliss!
I started work yesterday, it was fairly quiet, but I think I have a big job ahead of me, they want me to set up their new filing system. It's not going too badly so far, but I will have to archive a lot of records, I just hope it's not the same as the first job I had, nobody had a clue how to archive the old records!
I met up with Sue last night, we hadn't seen each other for about 2 months, as first my Mum was over, then we went to New Zealand, then Sue's parents have been over for 3 weeks, and they went away too. Anyway, we had a really good laugh as usual...my belly got a good workout from all our laughing!! We had so much to catch up on, we were both talking ten to the dozen. We'd had a few drinks when these 2 girls on the table next to us asked if we wanted to finish off their half a bottle of champagne as they had to go....of course we obliged! I'm paying the price for it today though!
I've got my medical test tomorrow for my visa application, so fingers crossed. I have to have a chest x-ray, I hope I can stop coughing for 5 mins though, I've had this cough for nearly 2 weeks, and it's doing my head in! So no going out for me tonight!

No comments: