Monday, January 22, 2007

I've completed my 3rd detox weekend now, I'm so chuffed I did really well and I feel really great. It's amazing how much better I feel, although I still miss having a glass of wine with dinner. I'm just going to take it easy in future (famous last words!).
On Friday night we went to the rugby club where Linn and Martin have secured a gig there every week. They play in a jazz/blues band. I was very impressed, I haven't heard them play before.
On Saturday we went to a friends flatwarming party. It was quite interesting, I only knew 2 people, one of them being Jason! Everyone was quite drunk and I couldn't into it as much as them, but I met some nice people and had some nice food.
Yesterday, it was boiling....39 degrees! We went to the supermarket in the morning, then Jason went to the cricket. I just locked myself in the flat and shut all the windows..best place to be. I'm really pleased as our flat is a lot cooler than I thought it would be. I couldn't believe there were people sunbathing by the pool, they must be mad! I did go down for a swim, but not till a bit later. The water was pretty warm (normally it's freezing) but it was nice and refreshing still. That was about it really for my weekend. I'm looking forward to this week, we have Australia Day on Friday, which means a day off ;o) we have a few things planned, and then it's Jason's birthday on Sunday, which reminds me I must get him a couple more pressies!!
I'm just off to make some Rocky Road chocolates.....it's my turn to bring in cakes for the staff team meeting on Wednesday and I decided to try and make something....watch this space!!

No comments: