Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!!
Wishing you all a very Happy 2007, hope you had a great NYE!
I had the best time, we went to Bondi to see the Basement Jax and Bob Sinclair, it was really great, I wasn't really looking forward to it that much, normally I get too excited about new years eve and it's an anti-climax, but it was actually really good. The beach was absolutely heaving, I did feel pretty old tho, everyone was in their early 20s, apart from all us lot. I didn't spend too much either which was great, we'd been to a friends flat earlier so had a few drinks there, then at the party they were serving big buckets of wine so I didn't need much! The party finished about 3am, but it was a nightmare getting out of Bondi so we went back to our friends' flat up the road. I was really chuffed too as Chris and Martina phoned me up to say Happy New year, it was lovely to speak to them, but I was a little drunk so I probably didn't make any sense! At one point I thought they were having a party, I could hear people saying Happy New Year, turned out it was cos cos there was such a delay on the phone, it was actually me saying it...durrr!! I was forgetting it was only 5pm for them over there!!
After about another hour we attempted to get a bus again (no chance for a taxi) and we managed to get one straight away. We finally got home about 5am, so was very tired on New Years Day. Didn't do much the whole day until the late afternoon when we dragged ourselves down to the beach for some fresh air, we definitely needed that. We watched the Sydney Harbour fireworks that I'd taped the previous night, they were really cool, it was the 75th anniversary of the bridge. They even had fireworks set off from the roofs of the buildings around the harbour...my work was one of them which was cool to see. I'm hoping to go and see them again in real life next year as it will probably be our last NYE here.
Was really hard going back to work, I had a real fuzzy head and there was alot to do which didn't help, but I got through it, at least it's only a 4 day week. The weather has turned bad again, it hasn't stopped raining...I never thought I'd say this here, but Where is the summer??!!
Wednesday
Not very happy today, I went down to ride my bike to the gym this morning, I unlocked it and the wheel spinned away from the handlebars, wondered what was going on, then the handlebars came away from the bike! I realised that someone had tried to steal my bike..my brand new bike :-( I had to try and wheel it around to the front door which wasn't easy, the wheel was all over the place, then carry it upstairs which took a lot of effort. I can't believe it, it's only been there a week, luckily I'd locked it really well and they hadn't been able to steal it. Jason has just had a look at it and he thinks that maybe it was someone trying to steal the wheel and some parts as one of the brakes is missing and the cable and the gear shifter is broken. We'll have to go to the bike shop at the weekend to see what we can do, I'm not leaving it outside again, will have to keep it on our balcony which is a pain.

No comments: