Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Had a dramatic afternoon at work today....one of our colleagues came around to all the teams and told us that we'd received a bomb threat for level 3 (the level I work on!). It was pretty much a balls up how they handled it from the start. First they said that we should look around our desks to see if we could see anything unusual lying around, imagine that....then we weren't even evacuated. Previously to us being told, the loud speaker kept coming on asking for all the fire wardens to meet at a particular spot, noone really took much notice tho as it didn't sound very urgent. Anyway, noone really knew what was going on, most people stopped working and some went home. I couldn't believe that they didn't evacuate us, it was ridiculous, I was pretty much going out of my mind, well I am a bit more of a drama queen than most, but I'm sure a lot of people were scared... my legs were all wobbly and I was a bit shaky too! Eventually we heard that they had found 2 bags that didn't seem to belong to anyone, so they were taken away somewhere to be checked out. My boss told us that it we didn't get evacuated as it was deemed a low risk threat, apparently there are a lot that happen that we don't even hear about...scary stuff. I guess as we are right by Circular Quay where the Opera House and the Bridge are, that we may be in a bit of a risky area with regards to terrorist threats. I don't know what else happened as I decided to leave early, just had to get out of there! Should be interesting to find out the goings on tomorrow!

No comments: