Thursday, December 28, 2006

We had a really lovely Christmas, I was a bit sad that I didn’t get to spend it with my family, but Jason really made it lovely. We went to the midnight mass on Christmas eve, got to sing a few carols which was nice.
Christmas Day we got up and ate breakfast, then unwrapped our presents. I was really spoilt this year, not only did I get a bike and lots of books and things…Jason bought us a really cool camera. It’s an Olympus one, shock and waterproof, just getting the hang of how to use it now!! We tried it out a bit, but we need to get a memory card to be able to save more pics. Jason got the usual underwear for Christmas (I get carried away and buy him loads!) and a shirt and a Swedish god massage voucher. After a nice relaxing day, we went to Bondi for our meal. The beach was absolutely heaving, you wouldn’t know it was Christmas day, apart from everyone wearing Santa hats…it was a bit strange, I don’t think I would have liked to celebrate my day there. I don’t think it was as busy as usual tho as they had banned alcohol on the beach. We had a really nice buffet meal at a hotel there, was absolutely stuffed by the time we’d finished and we both rolled home to relax for a bit! I got to speak to Mum for about an hour which was nice, I felt a bit sorry for her as she still had her stinking cold, she didn’t sound too well.
Next day we went to the zoo, which was a pretty bad idea, we’d forgotten that the Sydney to Hobart race was on and that the whole of Australia goes to the Heads to watch the race start (unfortunately the zoo is right near the Heads) so it took us ages to get there, then we couldn’t park. We found somewhere in the end, and then thought we’d go and take a look at the race, but unfortunately we’d missed the start by 15 mins, typical! The zoo was packed, we looked around for a while and saw the seal and bird shows, then we called it a day, it was doing my head in. We met up with Linn and Martin later for a few drinks, they left quite early as they had work the next day, but Jason and I stayed out a bit longer, I got pretty drunk which I was surprised about as I’d had so much alcohol lately, I thought I was immune!
Thursday I went shopping to buy a dress for NYE (thanks Chris and Martina).
Went out on our bikes in the afternoon yesterday, it was a lovely day, great to get out on a bike again. We rode to Centennial Park where they have some cycle tracks....there were a few hills though, to I'm aching today. In the evening we went to see Happy Feet at the cinema...definitely recommend it, very good, the baby penguins were so cute. Then we had thai dinner and a bottle of wine. Today, just shopping again, found a bag and accessories for my dress, only thing is it's forecase to rain now until Tuesday, so New years eve could be bad, so I may not even wear my dress!
I've been trying to upload some photos from Christmas, but the server seems to be down on the website I use, will try again over the weekend.

No comments: