Monday, December 18, 2006

Jason and I went out on Friday night, we had a really yummy feed at a Thai restaurant we hadn't tried before, I had Massaman curry, which was great. Jason had the 'Prick King'...haha! We then went to the cinema to see the Holiday which I really enjoyed, it was just the sort of film you want to see at Christmas to get you in the spirit. The next day we went out and bought a Christmas CD! they don't play any Christmas songs on the radio here, it's quite depressing.
After we went shopping on Saturday morning, I went for a facial. It was the best facial ever, I had my eyebrows shaped, my shoulders massaged, my feet, hands and arms massaged, it was lovely...and all for an hour and a half...bliss! It wasn't cheap though, but it was a nice treat. Saturday night we went around to Di's for a bbq it was nice to see everyone again as I hadn't seen a few of them for a while. After the bbq we went down to the Coogee bay hotel for a bit of a dance, it was pretty late though so we didn't stay long. Jason and I popped into Mcdonalds on the way home... as you do. We met one of the All Blacks there, of course I had no idea who he was, but Jason was estactic, especially as the guy plays for the Hurricanes too (Jasons fav NZ team) He was called Ma Nonu (I kept calling him Nanu Nanu...Mork and Mindy style as I couldn't remember his name!) I got my photo taken with him, but I don't know how to upload the pics from my phone onto the computer so I can't show you...I'll have to figure it out. Anyway, it made Jason's night, except he was gutted he didn't get a photo with him!
Yesterday we had a lie in and relaxed a bit, then in the evening we went down to the beach for Carols in Coogee. It was really nice, they had a big stage with an orchestra... the place was packed with families. We stayed for a couple of hours to get into the festive spirit, then came home and watched a dvd.
I'm so relieved I've only got 4 more days left at work, I can't wait to have a week off, work is madly busy. I'm looking forward to Christmas day, Jason and I have booked a hotel for dinner, it's a seafood buffet and the food sounds yummy, the bonus is they've got a huge selection of desserts, we'll have to starve ourselves beforehand!!

No comments: