Sunday, December 24, 2006

Happy Christmas everybody!!

I finally finished work for Christmas....wow, what another busy week, what with going out and working it's all been very tiring. Tuesday night I met up with Sue for Christmas drinks which was fun. Wednesday we had our work Christmas lunch, we left work at 1pm and didn't go back!
Thursday I went to see a physiotherapist my boss recommended to me, I wanted to get a second opinion about my back. It turns out the problem isn't with my back at all, it's my pelvis. My left side had dropped which is what is causing my problems. He looked at my x-rays and said that my spine looked pretty normal..most people have curved spines. He really doesn't like chiropractors, he thinks they are just in it for the money and that they are scaremongerers, which I can agree with now. He did a full check on me and I did some exercises and he did deep tissue massage which absolutely killed me. He actually pushed my pelvis up somehow, it was very strange experience, but when I got up I could feel my left side was higher, it was weird how he did it. I only have to go back in a couple of days for a follow up appointment, and then again in a few weeks, also I have to keep doing some exercises to strengthen my muscles. So it just shows you, I thought going to physio I'd have to go back loads, but that's not the case...it really made me believe in what the physio said about chiropractors though as the chiro told me I'd have to go in 3 times a week for the next few months...hmmmm!! Anyway, I feel better now, and I can even see that my shoulders have evened out a bit too.
So that was Thursday....Friday was an eventful day, I think all my going out and hecticness had finally got the best of me. First off in the morning I found a package on my desk with Leo written on it, I just assumed that it had come in the post so I put it on Leo's desk. Anyway later on there was a mad panic cos my colleague Vlad hadn't put his present in for the Secret Santa and everyone was looking for him, Luigi phoned him to ask where it was and he said 'I gave it to Vikki' when Luigi asked me, I was like, no definitely not...but then Luigi said, yes, he put it on your desk.....ooops. So we tried to salvage the present (which I have to add, wasn't wrapped in Christmas paper) from Leo's desk, but unfortunately he had already opened it. Everyone was in fits of laughter when we told them what happened....I felt a bit silly....that was an amusing start to my day. So later on at the end of the day, everyone was starting to pack up, I was sat at my desk and thought I'd put some handcream on, normally I take off my engagement ring when I do this. So I put my handcream on, then looked down and had a heart attack cos I couldn't find my ring. I searched around for it, but nothing....then my colleagues all came along to help me. There were about seven people on their hands and knees under the desks, and searching all around. People kept asking me questions like what were you doing when you lost it etc etc, and when at first I was so sure I took the ring off, now I had started to doubt myself, and everything was very vague and blurry. After searching for about an hour, we were at a loss, but I was thinking, what if I hadn't put my ring back on this morning after I'd put my cream on at home...I was so sure that I'd have noticed if I hadn't put it on so I didn't believe it was there. I went home anyway, my boss dropped me off...I was getting quite emotional by this time, very worried about what I'd done. So I came upstairs, and there is was on the shelf in the bedroom!!!! I felt like such an idiot....I phoned my boss to tell him and he was laughing at me (luckily!) he said I just did it so my desk would get a good tidy (cos everyone was rearranging my desk). I feel like a prize plonker....I'm going to be really embarrassed going back to work!! but I'm sooo happy I hadn't lost it ;o)
So after that palaver, I didn't really feel like doing much, but we'd promised Rach and Stu we would meet them for a drink as they were going away the next day so I couldn't not. We went to a really nice English pub in Paddington, I really liked it there, even though they didn't play any Christmas music!
Next day Jason and I went shopping for food for our evening drinks party. We thought it would be nice to get some friends around before Christmas. It turned out to be a successful evening...we'd even bought some Pimms so everyone could try it....it went down really well. I'd made the flat look and feel as Christmassy as possible, we had candles, lights, Christmas music, eveyone was saying that they hadn't felt Christmassy until they came to our flat, which was nice ;o). The last people left about 2am, so we had a really nice sleep after that.
Today we went shopping again, last minute stuff to buy, and I wanted to get a bike helmet and lock for my bike which I'll finally be able to ride tomorrow!! The shops were pretty busy, not as bad as I thought though. I've just phoned my Grandad in the States to send my greetings, he sounded quite well which is good. Jason and I are going to go to midnight mass tonight...no pubs for us as there is noone around tonight, I'm quite relieved actually. So we're going to sing some carols instead. Trying to make it really nice this year as I'm not spending Christmas with my family, Jason is doing a great job to get my by though. It's going to be weird not seeing Mum, bless her, but at least she'll be coming out here in a couple of months.
So, I've just seen that I've gone on a bit, so I'd better get on. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year, take care!! until next time x

No comments: