Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Sue came round for a visit last night, we hadn't seen each other for a week, so we had lots to catch up on, we always have a laugh ;o)
I can't wait to finish work next Thursday, it's getting so bad, the acting Associate Director who came in about 7 weeks ago has totally transformed the office, I don't know what Alison (who she is standing in for) is going to say when she gets back next week. She's moved us all up the other end of the offices, had all the walls painted, totally moved everything about, Alison is going to have a heart attack! And her thing now is signs, she got me to make nameplates for everyone in the department (the colours matching the wall colour scheme of course, which by the way I think she's colour blind!) so I got those done, and now she's gone mad, she keeps taking me around the office showing me what signs to make...toilet signs, signs for the microwave, in and out tray signs etc etc...I tell you, she's totally obsessed!!
Anyway, enough of work, I am going to have to sort out all my stuff at home soon for my move next Friday, I’m amazed at how much I’ve accumulated already, but because of my spending spree when I first arrived here at least I won’t need to buy any more summer clothes (well I’ll try not to anyway!)
I’m quite looking forward to moving out and back to Sue and Grant’s for a couple of weeks, it’s going to be a lot more peaceful, no washing machines, hoovering, stamping on the floor and slamming doors at all hours, I can’t wait!! Actually, I have grown used to it now, it still gets me every now and then, but not as bad as before. I’ve even said to my landlord that I’d be interested in moving back in if there is still a spare room when I get back from my hols, the noise is worth overlooking cos it’s clean, right in the city and a good price, I think it would be hard to find something similar again.
Satomi and I seem to be having a competition at the moment on who has the most chocolate in our cupboard, actually she is winning by quite a lot now, I opened the fridge the other day and there was a massive chocolate swiss roll in there, I was very jealous, I wish she wouldn’t do that to me!! When she first moved in, her cupboards were full of healthy, Asian foods, I don’t know what happened, it can’t be my influence, I’m not that bad really….well apart from the chunky caramel Kit Kats and Tim tams which I’ve become addicted to! Actually I think it’s living here, there’s a big American influence with regards to food here, I’ve probably mentioned it before, there are food courts everywhere and apparently 1 in 3 of Australians are obese (something I haven’t noticed, but that’s what they say) I can definitely understand it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very funny... why dont you put a sign on your table saying ... "Vikki" (leaving soon, due to obsessive people and Dragons in office!) haha..

laters

Anonymous said...

Must be something in the air - Barclays has had a lot of new signs but they haven't been made by a Vikki!!!