Monday, June 27, 2005

I had quite a mad weekend, making up for not going out last weekend. Friday night, Sue had a spare ticket to a ball hosted by Seek, which is a big Australian recruitment consultants, so she asked me if I wanted to go along with her. I was a bit worried about what I was going to wear as I didn’t bring my ballgown on my travels ;o) but I needn’t have worried, it was more like a nightclub. We got drenched on the way there, the heavens opened, it was awful, Sue looked quite funny with her posh dress, sandals and a waterproof jacket and golfing cap on!! We ended up having a great night, the whole thing was free, the waiters were walking around filling up our wine glasses all night. Actually the waiters were lovely, they were only young, maybe 20 or so… Sue and I sounded like the 2 old women from Harry Enfield.... ‘oohh young man’ we found that most amusing! So we ended up getting pretty drunk and then going onto the after party, which again was great. I met lots of English people there, they all seem to come out here and get jobs as consultants. Anyway, I don’t know what time I got home, but it was pretty late. When I walked through the front door, it sounded like the washing machine was on in the cellar, so I went down to check and it wasn't, I couldn’t figure it out, I was turning taps, switching switches, taking out plugs (I was desperate!) didn’t know what it was, I must have woken Satomi up, so I dragged her downstairs to have a look, then I made her go into my room to show her how loud it was and told her that 'I couldn’t possibly sleep with that racket going on!!' Anyway, I had to give up in the end, and to be honest, I don’t know whether it did stop as I crashed out as soon as my head hit the pillow! I had to apologise to Satomi the next day, I told her I’d had a few drinks, she said, yes I thought so!! Oops!
The next day I couldn’t actually move from my bed all day (it was the B52 shots from the night before, they killed me!) I managed to get moving to the shop at about 5 to get some dinner …. thought it might make me feel better. I would have loved to have stayed in, but it was my last weekend living in the city for a while so I’d arranged to meet some people out, which left me no choice. I think Sue was feeling pretty much the same as me. Actually it was quite funny….she was telling me that she'd spoken to her sister in the morning when she was suffering, she told Sue to tell me I was a bad influence on her…haha, I can’t believe that, she thinks Sue’s not a party animal for some reason!! We went to the Slip Inn, which is kind of a club/bar with lots of different rooms. We were in the outside bar at first, but it started throwing it down again, so we had to move inside. The downstairs club part was called the Chinese Laundry, there were washing machines everywhere. We had a laugh and a dance and another late night.
Yesterday I went to Sue’s, she was getting her stuff ready as she’s moving to Manly. She treated me to lunch, we went to one of the cafés on the harbour at Wooloomooloo and sat outside watching the world go by, actually, I was keeping my eye out for Russell Crowe, I’ve been informed he lives there!
Apparently this is where he lives
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We liked to think this is his boat moored outside!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me on the jetty
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After lunch I left Sue to it, and met Dave for an hour or so for a catch up, then it was off to give Mum a quick ring and then home.
It’s still raining today, it hasn’t really stopped, but there’s not been enough to lift the dam levels. I was rudely awoken this morning by a drunken man f*ing and blinding, he must have been in the street behind the house…and he sounded like he had a very bad case of turrets syndrome, hopefully he got a good soaking!!

No comments: