Tuesday, June 14, 2005

After I wrote my blog on Sunday, I got a text from Aaron (I met him on the bus on my way back from Grant’s a couple of months ago…he’s been travelling from Cairns and got back last week) he wanted to know if I was interested in going to Bondi to meet up with him and his friends. I must admit I was in 2 minds as I’d just got used to the idea of staying in, but then I thought why not, I’ve got the day off tomorrow. So I phoned Sue to see if she wanted to come, she was the same as me, she’d just got used to the idea of staying in and finally watching Love Actually…anyway she ended up missing it again….I wonder if she’ll ever get round to seeing it!!I’d never been out at night in Bondi, so I was quite looking forward to it…we hopped on the bus, it’s only about 20 minutes away. I could remember that Aaron had a shaved head, but that was about it…I mean I’d only met him once! So when we got there, typical there were loads of bald men there, so I got a bit confused!! Anyway, I phoned him and he came to get us, I did actually recognise him when I saw him…luckily! The bar we went to was really cool…it seems to be the place where all the beautiful people go. Downstairs it was more like a club, and the music was really good, trouble was it was a bit loud to be able to speak, so we were practically shouting at each other (I’m a bit husky today!) Aaron was telling us about his travels, it was funny listening to his stories….. he’s a real Essex boy, so he’s quite a character! Obviously I was interested in the places he recommended cos I’m going to be doing the same route next month…..it sounds like a great trip. We’re going to meet up soon so he can tell me more about it…somewhere where we can hear each other speak!
Needless to say, yesterday I was feeling pretty tired, so I just took the opportunity to get my washing and ironing done. Jason had lent me his dvd player, so I watched a couple of dvds too, it was actually really nice to just relax.. At about 5pm I really needed to get some fresh air, so I walked to the phone box to phone my brother, was nice to speak to him again, I must say I can’t wait until I move into Grants so that my family can phone me and I don’t have to walk to the phone box everytime…I bet I’ve saved them a fortune on phone calls!!
Back to work today, I really don’t have anything to do again…I’m just sat here waiting for something to do, trouble is it’s a hive of activity everyones moving their stuff, I keep asking if they need any help, but they just say no, don’t worry. Oh well… only 2 weeks and 2 days left to go!!

No comments: