Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I'm absolutely shattered today. I've just got back from getting my India visa from the India High Commission in London. I had to get up at 2am to get the 3am coach as I was told it gets really really busy and people start queuing up really early....and now I'm glad I did, I got into London about 6am and by the time I'd had a cup of tea and found the place there were already about 50 people queuing outside and that was 1hr before it even opened! Anyway, in the end it took about 2 hours which wasn't too bad. I even managed to squeeze a couple of hours shopping in afterwards...well all I bought was a sun hat!! It was all I could do to stop myself buying all the lovely clothes, bags and shoes I saw. I really tested my willpower today and I'm quite proud of myself for resisting....I love the clothes shops here!!! I tried to look for a camping type shop to have a look at the rucksacks, but in the end I gave up cos I was so tired.
London is so different to Munich, it's really really busy and I didn't feel so safe there. The underground stations and trains are so old as well...it was funny cos I kept expecting the announcements to be in German. I'm finding it quite weird getting used to everyone speaking English all around me, I keep hearing it and thinking oh theres someone English...then I realise where I am!!! Also, it's a good job that there are signs on the pavement telling you which way to look first when you are crossing the road...otherwise I would probably have got run over a million times from looking the wrong way!!

Anyway, I've got the visa done now so that's one less thing to worry about. Mum has the day off tomorrow so we're going into town to pick up my tickets ;o)

No comments: