Monday, May 08, 2006

We had a lovely weekend. One of Jason's friends won a competition for a stay at a holiday home at Smiths Lake, (which is 3 hours drive north of Sydney) and they asked if we wanted to go with them. We jumped at the chance of a free weekend out of Sydney, so we all drove up on Friday night. The place was really lovely, the back door opened straight out onto the lake. We unpacked all our food, then settled down to a night of eating lots of yummy food and drinking wine, we didn't get to bed till about 3am! Next day, Natalie wasn't feeling too good, so Jason and I decided to go off on our own to see Forster, which is the next main town up the coast. We stopped off at a viewpoint on the way, where I managed to get eaten alive by all the bloomin mossies, I've never seen so many and in the daytime as well, Jason was swatting them off of me as I'm very prone to getting bitten. I thought I'd gotten away with getting bitten until yesterday when they all came out..my arms and back are covered in them! Anyway, after the lookout we made our way to the beach. There was hardly anyone there, we had our lunch and chilled out on the beach for a few hours. Jason went for a snorkel, but I wasn't feeling brave enough to venture into the cold water! On the way back we stopped so I could take a picure of one of the many kookaburras, eventually I got a good pic (it kept moving it's head) but I think I must have disturbed it with my flash and he flew towards the car, I screamed as it was so close I thought it was going to fly in the car window, they're not small birds, I wouldn't fancy that in our car! Jason thought that was very funny!! When we got back, a friend of Linsey's had arrived, we cracked open the wine again and started off the evening with some board games. It was a great laugh...I realised how hopeless I am at Trivial Pursuit...but am a lot better at Pictionary and Outburst!! After another long night, we headed for bed.
Yesterday we had breakfast and then made our way to the local beach (Sandbar beach). It was really lovely there, again hardly anyone there, except for some surfers. The surf was really good, so the boys jumped straight into the sea....again I just watched, but it was nice just sitting on the lovely beach. We stayed there a couple of hours, then Jason and I headed back to the cottage and packed up all our stuff for the drive home. We had a really nice weekend, it was so nice to get out of the city and see somewhere different, and I really loved just sitting around talking and playing games, it was so relaxing.
The view from the lookout
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The sunset over the lake
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kookaburra
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sandbar beach
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jason getting battered about in the water!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Had enough....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
View from the back door of our holiday home
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: