Friday, May 26, 2006

I had a major achievement last night... I made my first homemade soup!! I never thought I would have the patience to make soup before, but I wanted to give it a shot! And it was bloomin lovely (even if I do say so myself!) it was red capsicum and sweetcorn. I must admit though that half of it ended up all over the kitchen floor when I tried to blend it, and I did ruin Jasons cookery book....but apart from that, it went very well!! Jason cooked the main course, filo pastries with feta cheese and yummy veggies....mmmm!! I led in bed last night thinking of what other soups I could make (how sad am I!!).
Earlier I phoned up one of the recruitment agencies I go through to get a summary of all my pay from the last year and I had a really nice compliment. It was a woman I've never spoken to before, she asked me my name, when I told her, she said, oooh, I've heard lots of good things about you. She said that TAFE, where I worked at the beginning of the year have been saying very good things about me. So that made my day, it must have been good that she recognised my name to tell me!
Countdown is on....only 7 days to go till our holiday ;o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude i spilled carrot and coriander all over the kitchen floor. jane had a great time cleaning up after me. keep at it!