Monday, April 10, 2006

The weekend was quite a busy one. Friday night, we met up with a few people for dinner. We went to our local Thai restaurant, which is really cheap, but the food is fantastic. I opted for a change this time and had Cho Chee (I think) it was really yummy. It was nice to go our for a meal and to catch up with everyone.
Saturday day, Jason and I had to do a few things for our visa, it's really such a nightmare, he has to get re-sponsored (long story) and then we have to apply for our visas. I'm very stressed about it at the moment. Anyway, we did that, then Saturday night we went to Bondi for a friend's leaving party.
Yesterday I typed up a CV for Jason (for the immigration) so that kept me busy for a while. Then in the evening I went into the city to meet Mirjam (I'd met her in Auckland a few weeks ago, and she mailed me last week to say she'd be in Sydney). She is the one from Germany that lived in Munich and knew a few people I used to work with at HP. We had a really nice evening, we went down to Darling Harbour for a couple of drinks and chatted about Munich and all the different places we used to go to. She is actually going back there in a couple of weeks, so we're going to catch up again when I'm there in June. It was nice that she made the effort to contact me while she was here. When I got home I phoned up my Mum as we hadn't spoken for a few weeks (which is very unusual for us) so we had a nice long chat. That's about it really, this morning, we've just been running around trying to find a Justice of the Peace to certify all our documents for the visa....what a nightmare!!

No comments: