Tuesday, October 09, 2007

We had a pretty busy weekend. It was Andy's 30th birthday on Thursday, so as an old tradition for his birthday, we took him to celebrate at the Oktoberfest at the Lowenbrau in the Rocks. It was a really good night, it was a bit of a dejavu from last year though....again I got dragged up on the stage with some other girls and played Edelweiss on the cow bells...followed by a swift rendition of the chicken song (how very un-German!). Andy came 2nd in the beer drinking competition. Nicola has organised a scrummy cake too....so I think Andy had a very good birthday.
On Friday, our friends Gemma and Garry came over for dinner, I was pretty knackered after Thursday, but it was nice to catch up and have a quiet night in.
Saturday I had to pop out for an appointment in the morning, then Jason and I headed over the bridge to Brookvale where Nicola's cousin was having a bbq for Andy's and her husband kids birthday. The weather had turned really bad, but luckily they had a lot of shelter in the back garden. There were loads of people there, lots of friends of her cousins, and lots of kids too. We had another cake for Andy, I think Nicola had ordered 3 over the 3 days, bless! After we'd eaten and had lots of drinks, we settled down to watch the rugby. And what a result that was....we were all jumping around the lounge celebrating, noone expected Aussie to be knocked out yet, and especially by the 'Poms'! Unfortunately for Jason, later on the All blacks got beaten too, so he was very depressed! I've been rubbing our win in to my Aussie friends (well, they always do it to me) but I shouldn't get too excited, we still have to beat France at the weekend. Trouble is the game is on at 5am I think, and we are doing another run on Sunday, so I may have to give it a miss.
I'm extremely tired at the moment, there has been so much going on for so long and I'm feeling quite overwhelmed. I'm really looking forward to our holiday now, I haven't had any time off since March...only another 116 days to go!!

No comments: