Wednesday, October 03, 2007

We had a nice long 3 day weekend last week. Friday night we went for dinner with a few friends. Saturday I tried my wedding dress try on, which didn't go as well as I'd hoped. I guess I wasn't really in a 'I look ok mood' I was feeling a little flat, then I worried that I'd chosen the wrong dress and that I looked old...not good really. I guess it didn't help that I'd had my hair done and she'd curled it, but the fringe was still straight, so I couldn't really do much about it....also I was looking tired from the previous night! Anyway, the jewellery I'd chosen suited the dress perfectly, so I should be happy about that! After that, Sue and I spent the rest of the afternoon looking in the shops, I bought some new training gear seeing as I've been spending so much time working out (not that you'd know :-( ) When I got home, it was nice to just chill out and not have to go out anywhere, I needed to catch up with some sleep!
Sunday we got up and went for a run in the morning, then we headed over to Manly with Linn to meet up with Sue, Nicola and Andy. We thought we'd go over to their neck of the woods for a change! There was a jazz fest on, so it was really busy, plus Manly were playing in the rugby league final in the evening, so there was quite a festive atmosphere. We headed to the rooftop bar and had a few drinks there, and then we stopped to listen to some of the music, then it was time for dinner. After dinner we went to the pub to get a spot to watch the game (much to my dislike!) During the first part of the game, I managed to sort all the old receipts out of my purse, but after I did that I was a bit stumped as to what to do! Trouble is when people watch sport, they don't tend to talk much, even Nicola was really into it and by this time Linn and Sue had left, so all I had left to do was to actually watch the game, which I did, and I must say, although I was really adamant not to get into it...I did at the end! Manly ended up losing. Anyway, we left for home soon after that, after a quick stop at the Bavarian bier cafe!
Had a nice lie in on Monday, I love these public holidays! Jason and I cleaned the flat and then we went to the shopping mall to get a few bits. Jason wanted to get some new t-shirts...and I ended up buying 4 new dresses!! That wasn't the idea, but once I got started. I must say I've been really bad with my money lately...what with wedding bills and beauty treatments (for the wedding) and general bills, my poor savings account hasn't had much new green stuff to go into it :-(
Back to work now and it feels like I've had no time off. The weather is pretty hot...today it was 34 degrees (and this is only spring!). We've just got back from training at the park, blimey, it was like being in a sauna, still must have been 30 degrees at 7pm.
Linn and I went to see Hairspray last night, it was sooo funny, we really enjoyed it. John Travolta was so good as the Mum, he had the part down to a tee. Well worth watching, but you have to see it at the cinema so you get the full effects of the music.

No comments: