Wednesday, May 23, 2007

So, I finally get around to adding another entry! I've just been speaking with my brother and also had a nice chat with Martina....they are awaiting the imminent arrival of their little baby. Chotcho is due tomorrow, but they did think that the little'un would arrive early, so the last few days I've been glued to my phone waiting on any news! Anyway, Martina has an appointment at the doctors tomorrow, she is getting some natural medicine to hopefully bring on the birth, so it could be any day now...it's all very exciting. Martina sounded really well and relaxed which is good, I'm sure I'd be panicking like mad, so I was very impressed! So watch this space!
My weekend was nice and relaxing, I tell you I needed it after the busy last 2 days at work, Friday was a nightmare, everyone wanted everything doing plus I had to leave at 4pm to get the train to make sure we were at the retreat on time. By the time I sat on the train, I was shattered and stressed, so was really looking forward to getting away! We got there about 7pm on Friday night, so we didn't see much of the place as it was pitch black...it was also absolutely freezing and there was a bitter wind, Sue and I couldn't believe the change just from travelling 2 hours! Our accommodation was really great I was very impressed, it was quite new and had an en suite bathroom and electric blankets which were a lifesaver!. After we'd unpacked we went to the meditation hall for a 30 mins meditation, then it was time for dinner. After that we had a welcome talk with our group for the weekend, then it was time for bed. We didn't get so much sleep that night, me because I was sleeping somewhere new, and Sue because the wind outside was so loud (luckily I had my earplugs, so didn't hear it!). So by the time we had to get up at 7am the next morning we were still pretty tired. Again we had another meditation and then did some tai chi, after which was breakfast, then a talk. And that was pretty much how the whole weekend panned out, we did have a really good time, the place was great and the setting was beautiful, the views were pretty amazing, the people who worked there were lovely...they give up their precious time just to come and look after their guests (they all volunteer) they really looked after us well. Saying that, by the time Saturday lunchtime came, I'd pretty much had enough, it was so full on with the meditating and the talks, I didn't feel so relaxed anymore. Our group was 50 people, so you're constantly making small talk with everyone and it got pretty tiring, so on Sunday after morning tea, Sue and I decided to leave early and get back home...what a good decision that was, it meant I got home at a reasonable time and I could relax a bit before my course on Monday.
As for this week, I started my communications course on Monday, and I'm having the best time, it's the best (and most challenging) course I've ever done, the people are so great, we all really connected pretty much straight away and there has been a lot of learning and sharing about ourselves. Even in 3 days I've learnt more about myself than I ever have before, it's really hard to explain, but it's just a great journey to be on (that makes me sound all counsellorish!) but it's true. I took a weeks annual leave to do this, but I don't begrudge using my precious holiday, it doesn't even feel like I'm doing a training course....we've still got another 2 days to do and I'm really looking forward to them. It is pretty intensive too, we've had assessments and lots of readings to do, I even had to do a presentation to the group on Tuesday (we only had notice on Monday) so there wasn't much time to prepare. I was absolutely scared stiff about this, I've never done a presentation before, but I did it, and passed the assessment which I was really pleased about, it was quite a buzz, but I was so glad when it was over. This course is really taking me out of my comfort zone which is a good thing, I'm gaining so much more confidence, I'm even enjoying the role plays and speaking in front of the group now...who'd have thought!!
So here, are some photos from the weekend
This is where we stayed
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The view from our room
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Stone Cottage at the bottom of the hill
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The gardens of the Stone Cottage
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: