Monday, August 01, 2005

Day 14 - Raining at Airlie Beach :-(
After a long day yesterday of travelling and hanging around I finally got to Airlie beach last night. I was a little bit hungover as I'd been out the night before with the English lads I met, we had a fun evening, we've swapped email addresses so we can see how each others' trips are going (they are travelling up the coast) I gave them lots of tips on where to go and what to see, including the Billabong Sanctuary! In the morning I saw a girl that I'd briefly met in Townsville a couple of days before, we were catching the same ferry...unfortunatley for me....she absolutely drove me up the wall, she would not stop talking, she couldn't catch her breath she was that bad, and it wasn't very interesting at all, I tried to look like I was interested, but after a while she really did my head in.....luckily she was heading up the coast on the bus, so I wasn't stuck with her all day!! I know that sounds nasty, but really.... some people!!
Anyway, as I was saying, I arrived here last night, I'm staying at Magnums as I have vouchers included in my sailing package, it's a real party hostel with a nightclub next to it, so it's not the quietest place to stay. A few of the 10 people in my room stayed in for the night, and I couldn't really be bothered to go out either, so we all just chilled out. I had the worst sleep ever, it was loud and bright and the people that came in late were drunk and noisy and worst of all snoring really loudly! I woke up loads of times and I couldn't sleep in this morning, so I'm shattered now. I'm also really disappointed cos it's raining here, there's nothing to do apart from the beach, so when the weather is bad, I guess people just spend their money on sitting in the cafes or on the internet. It's forecast to be like this at least until tomorrow, which I'm gutted about as I'm off sailing tomorrow afternoon :-( I really hope it clears up soon, I was really getting used to the sunshine, it's amazing what difference it makes.
Check out the pictures below

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great that you are having such a good time. You have been to places that we have never even thought of. Let us know your email address as we have lost it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Vikki - it is Grant & Sue.

Anonymous said...

hey... great reading as usual, see you've been doing some very interesting stuff... Magnetic island sounded lovely.. very jealous especially as its raining buckets here in Munich!! :-(
Stay good and looking forward to speaking to you again soon...xxx