Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Well, it turns out I was disqualified from the City to Surf!! I can't believe it! I wondered why my result wasn't in the newspaper with everyone elses, so I phoned up the organisers, just to check that my timing chip hadn't got mislaid (as you get charged $50 for it), anyway, she tells me that I was disqualified because I started in the wrong colour section...oops! For some reason my work had organised me a different colour bib to everyone else (there are 4 different colour start sections) the one I was given was at the back of the pack, so I thought it wouldn't be noticed if I snuck in with everyone else....little did I know that it would mean that I didn't get an official time! Everyone at work thought it was highly amusing, and they were all calling me a cheat, and I'd be relegated to right to the back next year, while Jason would be in the front section! I mean, it's ridiculous, it's supposed to be a fun run!
Really getting into the Olympics at the moment, I'm happy to say that at the time of writing, Great Britain are in 3rd place in the medals table (above Australia..hehe!). I know anything can happen, but we seem to be doing much better than anyone had thought...go GBR!!
Just had a call from Jason, he's just been to pick up the keys to our new flat. I had to ask him lots of questions about the flat as I'd only seen it once and that was a few weeks ago and I've forgotten what it looked like. I had a horrible dream last night that it was really tiny and we'd made a big mistake..but Jason has confirmed it's bigger than where we are now, so that's great!
I'm really over packing now, our flat is a mess, it looks like a bomb has hit it, I didn't realise we had so much stuff! I hope it doesn't take long to settle into our new place!

No comments: