Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I am getting very slack at my updates now. I just don't seem to get a minute to log on! We've a bit of news, Jason and I are moving house. We've sort of been checking out an area a bit further south and away from the city, thinking that if we do want to buy a place, that would be the only place we could afford to as the prices are ridiculously high where we currently are. Also, we just received notice that the landlords are putting up our rent.
So we drove down a couple of weekends ago just to get an idea, and while we were there, we found a place available to rent. We had a look, and the flat was lovely, all new paint, new carpets, new kitchen, bathroom and doors, a far cry from where we currently live, so we made a spot decision to put in an application. Found out last Tuesday that it was accepted, and it's been all go since! I must say, I'm feeling a little dubious, it's just under an hours train ride from the city, which means that we will be further away from all our friends, and planning a night out will prove a little more difficult, but if we want to buy there, we must live there first to see if we like it, plus I think it will do us good not being in close radius to all the pubs etc....after all we are getting on a bit!!
The area we are moving to is very nice, it's close to the train station, it's a very family orientated community, we are still within 30 mins drive of the sea, plus there is the second oldest national park (1st being Yellowstone in the US) closeby, and it is massive, it's 132sq km, so there will be lots of nice walks there (oh my, I can't believe what I'm saying!) But really, I am looking forward to it, especially to living in a nice clean place where everything (hopefully) works. Just out of interest, I checked the internet to see the advert for our current flat, thinking they'd have put the rent up a bit more...couldn't believe to find out that they've bumped it up $70 a week more!! what a joke, but that's how it is at the moment, any rental properties just get snapped up there is so little around.

So, what else have we been up to...well I went to see Mamma Mia again with the guys from work, then I managed to persuade Jason to come with me to see the Rocky Horror show at the theatre, which I have to say was brilliant!
On Sunday, we did the City to Surf (14km walk/run) I wasn't going to run it as I hadn't trained and didn't want to further injure my knee, but of course as soon as I was there I got swept away with the crowds (70.000 plus) and my competitive streak came in, so I ran most of it, apart from the big hill half way through! A bit silly of me, but I couldn't help myself. Jason did extremely well, his time was 72 mins, mine was a more modest 1hr 40mins, not bad considering I walked some and also didn't train!

Well, I've gone on enough now! Until next time

No comments: