Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm just finally getting over my cold I've had for over a week. It started off a week last Thursday, so I didn't go out at all last weekend. This weekend I managed to venture out again, plus we had a long weekend as it was the Queen's birthday. On Saturday, Jason and I went to the Doggie rescue place and took a dog (Willy) for a walk, he was an old dog and had a bad back leg, so he couldn't really walk very far, so we sat at a cafe and he sat on our knees. He was very well behaved! I'm not quite sure whether I could have a dog at home though, I hate to say it, but he smelt a bit and I could smell dog for the rest of the day! I am a bit anal when it comes to smells though! But it was nice to do something for the little doggies, it's really sad that 60,000 dogs get euthanised per year in NSW alone, very sad :-(
I went to see the Sex and the City movie with a girl from training on Saturday which was really good. After that I met Jason and we had a nice meal and a couple of drinks, which we haven't done for ages.
Sunday, we just went to the mall and bought a couple of things for the house. But then we bumped into our friend and she asked if we wanted to meet her and her friend for a quick drink, so we met her for an hour, then went home and watched a dvd.
Yesterday had a bit of a lie in and bummed around at home as the weather was pretty bad. We dragged ourselves out though in the evening, we went to see the U2 3D film at the IMAX, it was amazing. I didn't think that it would be that good. You could almost touch Bono, he was right in front of our faces. We felt like we were actually at the concert, but with a much better view, I had goosebumps at some points. You could see the audience clapping and waving their hands in front of you, I kept thinking it was the people in the cinema that were waving it was that real. Anyway, I'll stop raving about it, but if you ever get the chance, go see it!

No comments: